Optima’s Management Team
Optima have a very experienced management and technical team including many with more than 10 years mobile experience.
Examples include the CEO and CTO:
Optima’s CEO has 17 years telecommunications industry experience including restructuring and launching businesses and multi-national product launches.
Previous experience includes:
- MCI: Led their 3G mobile bid in the UK and launched mobile services in the UK and France. Held line management positions with annual budgets of $0.5 bn and managed major programmes saving $50 million per year.
- TeleDenmark: Head of Product Development at Talkline (their Germany operation) where he launched 15+ services including the first none operator SMS service in Germany, Pre-paid mobile, Directory Enquiries and the first competitive fixed telephony service. He was also Launch Director for their ISP services, now Germany’s fourth largest.
- Nokia: Managed the Vodafone Business. Opened their Irish office.
- Orange: Member of the team that set up Orange and managed the subsequent sale to Hutchinson Whampoa.
- Consultancy: Key clients include Avaya, BT, O2, IBM, Hewlett Packard, Marconi, Unilever, British Gas, the Scottish Office the DTI and Cabinet Office.
Stephen has a degree and PhD in Physics and was Assistant Professor of Physics at the University of Mississippi prior to joining the industry in 1988.
Optima’s CTO has 10+ years mobile experience. Has developed (and patented) technology to deliver mobile content, has substantial knowledge of mobile technologies and human interface and has wide experience working in mobile equipment manufacturers and mobile operators. Experience includes:
- Orange 3G Video Services: Led Orange’s development of video downloads service (including 3G), 3G video calling and 3G roadmap.
- Motorola Head of Data Solutions: Managed the complete product lifecycle including all aspects of technical and commercial delivery of products and projects. Responsible for technical and commercial product and services support to a global customer base.
- Motorola GSM Network Infrastructure: Headed the commercial and technical management of a range of mobile network systems with annual global sales growing from $100m to $200m.
- GSM Association MMS and Wireless LAN: Executive manager
Optima’s technical teams have equally impressive backgrounds with experience in Mobile Java (J2ME), Symbian, and WAP/Mobile Browser technologies.
Optima is also closely affiliated with Ergo, a Management and Technical consultancy, with whom it has jointly developed and marketed products. Ergo's Blue Chip Client Base includes IBM, Schroders, Virgin Net, Prudential, Scottish Equitable, Network Rail, Openwave and Netstore. Optima draws on Ergo’s programme management and IT expertise in large scale systems integration and process re-engineering programmes.